How we manage personal data
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you, your personnel or your company can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and we will conform to best practice under GDPR legislation.
Pest Hunter Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this document. You should check either with us or our website from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from November 2020.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address and mobile and telephone number
- demographic information such as postcode and address details
- information for accounting and accreditation purposes
- other information relevant to the work we undertake for you or your company.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping and accounting, including compliance with legislation.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the feedback customers supply to improve our services.
- We may from time to time share customers postal addresses with our suppliers for the purpose of delivering goods or services.
What we do not do with the information we gather
- We do not pass on or share any customer data with third parties for sales and marketing purposes.
Because of the nature of the Pest Hunter Limited's work, customers often share company information which is of a confidential nature and which is sensitive to the successful marketing and promotion of their company.
- Pest Hunter Limited never discloses or discusses confidential customer information with a third party or another customer.
- We will, at times, share confidential information on a specific project with a project partner or professional advisor, whose skills are required to ensure the success of the project.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from our customers. Our website has SSL Certification (HTTPS).
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to customers needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about a visitors preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. We track trends and not individuals.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages are found to be useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other web sites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we may not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement or policy applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal and company data
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for marketing purposes, i.e a testimonial, you may change your mind at anytime by contacting us using contact details at the end of this document.
- We do not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about our services which we think you may find interesting.
- Under the GDPR legislation you may request details of personal and company data which we hold about you, your personnel and your company.
- This service will be free of charge in the first instance and data will be sent to you in a universally accessible format. Subsequent requests might be liable to an administration fee if deemed to fall outside the terms of the GDPR legislation.
- If you would like a copy of the data held on you or your company please contact us using the contact details below.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete,please contact us as soon as possible, using the contact details below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- If requested, and as long as it does not compromise record keeping for accounting and legislative compliance purposes, we will also delete any information on you, your personnel or your company if requested.
If you have any questions or queries on the content of this document we are always happy to discuss it with you.
Pest Hunter Limited Contact Details
Contact: The Manager (or PA available at time of contact), Pest Hunter Ltd.
Phone: 01634 979525 - E-mail: email@example.com or post: Pest Hunter Limited, 4 Maple Gardens, Hersden, Canterbury, CT3 4HZ.